Before Your Appointment
Now that you have your appointment scheduled to come see us, here are some tips to prepare for it:
1. Bring a list of your medications.
2. Bring copies of any lab or diagnostic imaging reports. Bring any x-ray, MRI or CT images burned onto a CD. Oftentimes, the diagnostic centre where you had the tests done will do this for you.
3. Bring any current pairs of orthotics or braces you use so that the doctor may assess them for proper fit.
4. If you have any nail issues, remove any nail polish prior to coming to the appointment. Otherwise, a detailed assessment cannot be completed by the doctor.
5. Wear a loose fitting pair of pants or shorts.
6. Check into your extended health benefits plan for podiatry coverage, as we are not completely covered by Alberta Health Services and fees for services or medical devices may apply.